The purpose of the Roser Guild is to unite all women in Christian living and service. All women interested in serving and sharing may become members. (There are no dues.) We are a part of Church Women United.
For more information on this ministry, please complete a contact form.
We support the following ministries and missions:
Also, check out our Guild News & Notes, below.
Established in 1997, the Roser Guild Thrift Shop is located across the street from the historic Roser Memorial Chapel at
511 Pine Ave, Anna Maria, FL
After storm damage in 2020, the shop is now remodeled and open for business. We are typically open Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM and Saturdays 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Proceeds allow the Guild to underwrite scholarships, community programs, local missions and to provide support to Roser Memorial Community Church. All of this comes from the sales of such items as $2.00 caps, 10 cent tableware, $4.00 shirts, blouses or pants and some things that are more expensive.
1) Clean and de-clutter your home
2) Reinvest your treasures in the community
3) Your donation is tax deductible
4) Provide affordable goods for people in need
5) Lighten the load on our landfills
6) Shop the best prices in town!
The Roser Thrift Shop welcomes donations: books, recent magazines, housewares, nice clean clothes for men and women, linens, etc. Although we prefer donations on Wednesdays between 9:00 and 11:00 AM, you may also bring your donations any time the shop is open. (The shop does not accept large or heavy furniture, TVs, telephones, electronics, including computers and microwaves or handicap/medical equipment.)
Text ROSER to 22828 to sign up for email updates. Roser Church is located near the Anna Maria City Pier at 512 Pine Avenue. The Thrift Shop parking lot is across the road from the Roser Memorial Chapel.
You will find a variety of gently used clothing for women and men, small appliances, comforters, bed spreads, jewelry, magazines, beach items, flatware, glassware, framed art, books, music and much, much more.
The Guild Thrift Shop is an all-volunteer operation. The store is managed by the Roser Women’s Guild. Volunteers are always needed–have fun, meet new friends, all for a great cause! To volunteer, please complete a contact form, or stop by the Thrift Shop during business hours!
All are welcome to join us the 2nd and 4th Mondays, November through April, in the Fellowship Hall to sew and knot quilts. No experience necessary and a great way to meet others and help the migrant community! Donations of quilting cotton, fabric, quilts or quilt tops about 35” x 44” or larger for beds, batting, embroidery floss, small sewing scissors and lightweight, clean mattress pads are always welcome.
Each year we donate scholarships to area students who are seeking to make difference in their community. For the 2021-2022 school year, we are sponsoring the following students:
The Roser Women’s Guild is offering scholarships for the school year. Those students previously awarded scholarships must reapply each school year (no new essay or picture needed). The deadline is the 4th Friday in May. Scroll down to download an application form. Application forms are also available in the church office or by calling 941-778-0414.
- The sum of $375 per semester will be awarded to qualified part-time students enrolling in 6-11 credit hours of undergraduate courses.
- The sum of $750 per semester will be awarded to full-time students enrolling in 12 credit hours or more of under graduate courses.
- The scholarship will be limited to $1,500 per year and be available for four years of undergraduate courses.
The scholarship will:
- Be paid directly to the school in which the applicant is enrolled and be dispersed by them.
- Be used for tuition, books, supplies, and fees.
- Be limited to courses leading to undergraduate degrees.
- Be awarded to students maintaining a 2.75 cumulative point average.
- A United States Citizen
- A legal resident of Manatee County, Florida
- Enrolled in any accredited college or university in the US unless curriculum choice is unavailable
- Academically qualified–a 2.5 GPA on a 4 point scale
- A maximum one page essay explaining why you are seeking an undergraduate degree
- A self-snapshot
- A grade transcript
- Download and complete a Women’s Guild Scholarship Application. The essay, self-snapshot, transcript and the completed application need to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: Roser Memorial Community Church, Women’s Guild Scholarship Chairman, PO Box 247, Anna Maria FL 34216
2020 – 2021 NEW SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
William Bernet will be studying Agricultural at Warner University in Lake Wales, Florida. William was awarded the President’s Lifetime Achievement Award for 4,000 hours of volunteer service improving the lives of others.
Kathleen Crowell is attending Manatee Technical College studying to become a cosmetologist. Presently she also makes her own jewelry and accessories to sell. After graduation she plans to get a job in the cosmetology field and own her own business.
Jared Elbert is attending the University of Central Florida to be a mechanical engineer. During high school he has taken many preparatory classes and wants to not only further his education but also ” learn life skills, meet new people and to set myself up for a fantastic future”.
Angelica Hope Turner attends State College of Florida with the goal of becoming a Physical Therapist. Ever since childhood she has wanted to be in the medical field helping others. “I look forward to becoming a positive role model for my community and encouraging individuals to get physically and emotionally healthy.”
Rebecca & Naomi Circles
We gather in small groups for devotions, discussion and prayer. Both circles meet in person in the Church Narthex. The Rebecca Circle meets the first Tuesday of each month, and the Naomi Circle meets the first Wednesday of every month.
Bring the following to the Narthex worship:
CAN TABS – Help pay for physical therapy for handicapped children.
CANCELED STAMPS cut with 1/3“ border are sent to the Alliance Stamp Ministry in Fort Myers. Proceeds provide Spanish language curriculum for Sunday Schools. Thanks for bringing in stamps. Over one million dollars have been raised to spread the Gospel in Spanish over radio and in print.
– No metered mail or permit number postings
– If postage has been printed into the envelope, not onto the envelope, it can be used.
– Damaged stamps can be used and uncancelled stamps are accepted.
– A border of ¼ to 1/3 inch of paper around the stamp is best. If less, the price of the stamp is lowered.
The Guild supports several local, regional, national and international missions, including the following organizations:
- Roser Church, including Vacation Bible School and camps
- Global Family Services
- Student Scholarships
- Church Women United
- Agape Airlines
- Easter Seals Happiness House
- Anchor House
- Sheriff’s Youth Ranch
- All Island Denominations
- Roser Food Pantry
- The Salvation Army
- The Open Door
- Foundation for Dreams
- Hope Seeds
- Wildlife Rescue
- Selah Freedom
- Migrant Sewing
- CROP Walk
- Our Daily Bread
Guild News & Notes
- Roser Guild Provides School BagsProud Migrant Education Coordinator for Manatee School District, Mario K. Mendoza, picked up the 50 school bags of supplies that Roser Guild ladies provided, May 18th, 2022. Roser Church and Guild members are glad to have been and are supporting the migrant community in a number of ways, like packing beans and rice, sewing quilts, etc. …
- Roser Guild ScholarshipsFRI MAY 27 DEADLINE – The Roser Women’s Guild is offering scholarships for the school year. Those students previously awarded scholarships must reapply each school year (no new essay or picture needed). The deadline is the 4th Friday in May. Scroll down to download an application form. Application forms are also available in the church …
- Thrift Shop Fashion Show in the NewsOur thanks to Kristin Swain and the Anna Maria Island Sun for covering this event! For more information, please see our Roser Women’s Guild web page.