The purpose of the Roser Guild is to unite all women in Christian living and service. All women interested in serving and sharing may become members. (There are no dues.) We are a part of Church Women United.
For more information on this ministry, please complete a contact form.
We support the following ministries and missions:
Also, check out our Guild News & Notes, below.
Established in 1997, the Roser Guild Thrift Shop is located across the street from the historic Roser Memorial Chapel at
511 Pine Ave, Anna Maria, FL
THRIFT SHOP HOURS: February through March – 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. We are typically open Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM and Saturdays 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. When the Thrift Shop is open during the summer the garage doors close after 12:00 noon. The Thrift Shop is closed on July 4, during the month of August through Labor Day and on Thanksgiving Day.
Proceeds allow the Guild to underwrite scholarships, community programs, local missions and to provide support to Roser Memorial Community Church. All of this comes from the sales of such items as $2.00 caps, 10 cent tableware, $4.00 shirts, blouses or pants and some things that are more expensive.
1) Clean and de-clutter your home
2) Reinvest your treasures in the community
3) Your donation is tax deductible
4) Provide affordable goods for people in need
5) Lighten the load on our landfills
6) Shop the best prices in town!
The Roser Thrift Shop welcomes donations: books, recent magazines, housewares, nice clean clothes for men and women, linens, etc. Although we prefer donations on Wednesdays between 9:00 and 11:00 AM, you may also bring your donations any time the shop is open. (The shop does not accept large or heavy furniture, TVs, telephones, electronics, including computers and microwaves or handicap/medical equipment.)
Text ROSER to 22828 to sign up for email updates. Roser Church is located near the Anna Maria City Pier at 512 Pine Avenue. The Thrift Shop parking lot is across the road from the Roser Memorial Chapel.
You will find a variety of gently used clothing for women and men, small appliances, comforters, bed spreads, jewelry, magazines, beach items, flatware, glassware, framed art, books, music and much, much more.
The Guild Thrift Shop is an all-volunteer operation. The store is managed by the Roser Women’s Guild. Volunteers are always needed–have fun, meet new friends, all for a great cause! To volunteer, please complete a contact form, or stop by the Thrift Shop during business hours!
All are welcome to join us the 2nd and 4th Mondays, November through April, in the Fellowship Hall to sew and knot quilts. No experience necessary and a great way to meet others and help the migrant community! Donations of quilting cotton, fabric, quilts or quilt tops about 35” x 44” or larger for beds, batting, embroidery floss, small sewing scissors and lightweight, clean mattress pads are always welcome.
Each year we donate scholarships to area students who are seeking to make difference in their community. Those students previously awarded scholarships must reapply each school year (no new essay or picture needed). The deadline is the 4th Friday in May. Click HERE to read all about scholarships, download an application and see the students we are sponsoring.
Rebecca & Naomi Circles
We gather in small groups for devotions, discussion and prayer. Both circles meet in person in the Church Narthex. The Rebecca Circle meets the first Tuesday of each month, and the Naomi Circle meets the first Wednesday of every month.
Bring the following to the Narthex worship:
CAN TABS – Help pay for physical therapy for handicapped children.
CANCELED STAMPS cut with 1/3“ border are sent to the Alliance Stamp Ministry in Fort Myers. Proceeds provide Spanish language curriculum for Sunday Schools. Thanks for bringing in stamps. Over one million dollars have been raised to spread the Gospel in Spanish over radio and in print.
– No metered mail or permit number postings
– If postage has been printed into the envelope, not onto the envelope, it can be used.
– Damaged stamps can be used and uncancelled stamps are accepted.
– A border of ¼ to 1/3 inch of paper around the stamp is best. If less, the price of the stamp is lowered.
The Guild supports several local, regional, national and international missions, including the following organizations:
- Roser Church, including Vacation Bible School and camps
- Global Family Services
- Student Scholarships
- Church Women United
- Agape Airlines
- Easter Seals Happiness House
- Anchor House
- Sheriff’s Youth Ranch
- All Island Denominations
- Roser Food Pantry
- The Salvation Army
- The Open Door
- Foundation for Dreams
- Hope Seeds
- Wildlife Rescue
- Selah Freedom
- Migrant Sewing
- CROP Walk
- Our Daily Bread
Guild News & Notes
- The Roser Guild Thrift ShopTHRIFT SHOP HOURS: We are typically open Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM and Saturdays 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. February through March – 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. When the Thrift Shop is open during the summer the garage doors close after 12:00 noon. The Thrift Shop is …
- Roser Guild Event CalendarSAT OCT 7 at 10:00 AM Church Women United – As summer’s end is approaching, it is time for us to start our new year to be, as our CWU Vision states, “Women of Faith cultivating Love, Hope, and Peace for all Creation.” Our first meeting will be on Saturday at St. Paul Missionary Baptist …
- Roser Guild ScholarshipsThe Roser Women’s Guild is offering scholarships for the school year. Those students previously awarded scholarships must reapply each school year (no new essay or picture needed). The deadline is the 4th Friday in May. Scroll down to download an application form. Application forms are also available in the church office or by calling 941-778-0414. …
- This week in the News – August 31, 2022Click the picture to scroll through all the articles! Roser Church is located near the Anna Maria City Pier at 512 Pine Avenue. To receive updates click HERE to sign up for our E-Newsletter. If you have questions please call the church office at 941-778-0414, email firstname.lastname@example.org, go to roserchurch.com or find us on Facebook @roserchurch.
- This week in the News – May 31, 2022Our thanks to The Anna Maria Islander for helping us spread the word! Roser Church is located near the Anna Maria City Pier at 512 Pine Avenue. To receive updates click HERE to sign up for our E-Newsletter. If you have questions please call the church office at 941-778-0414, email email@example.com, go to roserchurch.com or find us on Facebook @roserchurch.