Serving Anna Maria
The food pantry at Roser Church is the one place on Anna Maria Island where people experiencing financial hardship can come to receive free groceries. Assisted by generous donations from concerned individuals, other Island churches, and civic organizations, a dedicated corps of volunteers and church staff members gather, sort, and distribute over a hundred bags of groceries each month.
Fill a Grocery Bag
We provide groceries to people with Anna Maria lsland addresses or verified AMI connections. Call the church office (941-778-0414) to schedule an appointment. A bag of groceries is intended to feed one person for about 3 days. Families may receive more than one bag. When going through the food pantry, each family chooses two items from the refrigerator or freezer, four items from the shelves and a bag of groceries. Each bag of groceries provides an estimated retail value of $60 to $70.
Monetary donations are used to purchase perishable foods and for needed nonperishable items that have not been donated. Designate donation for the Food Pantry.
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed . . . those able to help others.
l Corinthians 12: 27-28
Please bring donations to the basket in the Narthex on Sunday or the shopping cart in the office hallway during office hours. For large donations, please call the church office (941-778-0414) and we will meet you at the Pantry.
- CEREAL – all kinds
- SOUP – cans/boxes/packages
- MEAT AND FISH – tuna, ham, Spam, salmon, chicken, etc.
- PEANUT BUTTER and JELLY
- RICE, POTATOES, PASTA – canned or dried
- VEGETABLES – cans of peas, green beans, tomatoes, etc.
- STARCHY VEGETABLES – cans of baked beans, black or pinto beans, corn, or dried beans
- MEALS such as macaroni & cheese, spaghetti & sauce, etc.
- FRUIT – cans or jars of pineapple, peaches, pears, etc.
- FRUIT JUICES – cans, boxes, bottles, especially small containers.
- MILK – powdered, evaporated, processed (e.g. Parmalat) in boxes or cans
- BEVERAGES – cocoa, tea, instant coffee, etc.
- DESSERTS – pudding, jello, etc.
- DISH DETERGENT – small
- BATHROOM SUPPLIES – soap bars, toilet paper
We do not stock fresh milk, bread, perishable foods, baby food, formula, pampers, personal hygiene items or cleaning supplies.
Food Pantry News & Notes
- A Few Thank You’s for our Food PantryThe Roser Church Food Pantry, supported by All Island Denominations, is Anna Maria’s only foodpantry, serving island residents, workers, and students. The volunteer-run pantry has distributedthousands of bags of groceries since its inception, assisting hundreds of individuals and families eachyear. The pantry is almost exclusively donor-funded. Its newest program provides monthly Publix giftcards to locals …