Mission of the Month
Global Service Network
Mobilizing the church and equipping college students to impact the world for Christ.
Outreach Ministries located on our campus at Anna Maria Island
Local & Regional Outreach
National & International Outreach
Mission Statement for Roser Missions Committee
Jesus, not the institutional Church, is the Savior and Redeemer of the World. As the Body of Christ, we are given the privilege of working with Christ to share His grace and love with individuals and the whole world.
There is no place where we can go where Christ is not already at work before us. We do not go into the hostile and sinful world anxiously or defensively. We go into the world confidently, thankfully, and joyfully because we go not to take Christ but to meet Him.
Long before we became concerned about people suffering from their own or other’s inhumanity. He cared for them and suffered with and for them. Long before we ever dreamed of doing battle with the forces of darkness, evil, and death in the world, He already defeated them. Long before it ever occurred to us to go as ministers of reconciliation to those who live outside of God’s grace, He was already there ministering to them.
This is the comfort and certainty, joy and freedom, of our apostolic mission. We do not have to shoulder the impossibly heavy burden of doing Christ’s work for Him. We are simply, but profoundly, invited to participate with him in the work that He has done, is doing, and will do.
Simply put, Christ trusts us! He trusts us to fulfill the mission that He has given us. Our task, as the Missions committee, (as one small part of Roser Memorial Community Church) is to assure that His trust in us is well placed. We must continually and prayerfully examine ourselves to determine that we are using our time, our talents, and our resources to truly serve Christ and the world that he has come to save.
Updated and approved by the Mission Committee April 12, 2016
Missions News & Notes
- Pack Rice & Beans at Beth-ElTHU FEB 2 – The first Thursday of each month from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM is Packing day for Roser volunteers. Everyone is invited to join us to help pack rice and beans at Beth-El Farmworkers Ministry. Contact Lynn Brennan (813-758-3234) for more details or car pool options. Closed-toed shoes and masks are required. Mark your …
- Serve at Our Daily BreadMON JAN 9 – 2nd Monday every month from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM. Six or seven volunteers are needed Please contact Lynn Brennan (813-758-3234) or email LBrennan47@gmail.com to sign up. Closed toed shoes and masks are required. OUR DAILY BREAD of Bradenton was established in 1984 in response to the community’s need to feed the hungry regardless …
- Roser Food Pantry DonationsThe Roser Church Food Pantry is Anna Maria’s only food pantry, serving island residents, workers, and students. The volunteer-run, donor-funded pantry has distributed thousands of bags of groceries since its inception, assisting over 500 individuals and families each year. It also provides monthly Publix gift cards to locals struggling to make ends meet. Each beneficiary has …
- Hands on MissionsFor the month of November our Missions Committee is working to support Bring on the Ministry to collect small gifts for local nursing home elderly residents. Please help us support this Mission by providing items such as: Please bring your donations to the basket in the Narthex. Thank you for your help in supporting those …
- Roser Disaster-Relief Team: Hurricane Ian 2022Wednesday Oct. 5th, Roser volunteers will travel roundtrip to Englewood, FL to assist residents effected by Hurricane Ian. We will work as part of Samaritan’s Purse’s disaster relief operations. This organization is well-practiced in training, equipping, and leading volunteers in relief efforts, as well as identifying urgent and workable needs.Our work may consist of mudouts, …