21 Jul Roser Guild
TUES AUG 8 ♦ 12:00 NOON After quite a break from activity, the Roser Women’s Guild is going to have a SUMMER GET-TOGETHER in the Fellowship Hall. All ladies are encouraged to come meet with some Guild members for pot luck food and friendship. We are delighted to have Caryn Hodge as our speaker. Caryn Hodge is a volunteer for the local Manatee County Animal Services shelter and a board member for Friends of Manatee County Animal Services. She will be discussing all the unique ways you can help support the shelter pets of Manatee County besides adopting, dispelling some myths about shelter animals and things you can do to help find forever homes for all the fur babies! Everyone will get a goodie bag!
Migrant Sewing ♦ The Migrant Sewing Circle have completed 162 quilts and 40 layettes. These items will be dedicated when the season begins again in the fall. The quilts and layettes will then be delivered to migrant workers during the November Migrant Tea. The Migrant Sewing Circle began 64 years ago. It is estimated that they have created over 3,150 quilts and over 1,100 layettes. They have filled 950 school bags, made bandages and more! Margo Wood Kingsley
Members of the Roser Guild Scholarship Committee are pleased to announce recipients of the Guild Scholarships for the 2017-2018 year.
Congratulations to our new awardees:
Anthony Cucci will attend The University of South Florida and study Chemistry ultimately to be a general surgeon.
Sadie Elbert will be studying Biochemistry at Palm Beach Atlantic University with the goal of discovering new medicines and cures for various diseases.
Savannah Kiwacz will study veterinary medicine at the University of Central Florida with the goal of becoming a Dr. of Veterinary Medicine.
Sophia Bernet, a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder continues studying Business. She also is a member of the Equestrian Team.
Joseph Cucci, a sophomore at the University of Florida will major in Business and also Exploratory.
Konstentina Lardas will be finishing her studies at the Florida International University. She will be an Elementary Teacher.
Chelsea Perez also will be graduating in 2018 at the University of Central Florida. She also has majored in Elementary Education.
Erin Tribble is returning to the University of Central Florida to complete her B.A. Degree to teach high school Western Civilization and World History.
All are full time students who will receive $750 per semester paid directly to their schools. If they maintain a 2.75 grade point average the scholarship is renewed for a total of 4 years. They must reapply yearly.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for applications was May 1st, 2017. Check back for 2017-2018 deadlines. The Roser Women’s Guild is offered scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year. Those students previously awarded scholarships must reapply each school year. Scroll down for more information and the application form. Applications are also available in the church office or by calling 941-778-0414. Ann Jones, Scholarship Chair
ROSER GUILD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
- The sum of $375 per semester will be awarded to qualified part-time students enrolling in 6-11 credit hours of undergraduate courses.
- The sum of $750 per semester will be awarded to full-time students enrolling in 12 credit hours or more of under graduate courses.
- The scholarship will be limited to $1,500 per year and be available for four years of undergraduate courses.
The scholarship will:
- Be paid directly to the school in which the applicant is enrolled and be dispersed by them.
- Be used for tuition, books, supplies, and fees.
- Be limited to courses leading to undergraduate degrees.
- Be awarded to students maintaining a 2.75 cumulative point (CPA) average.
- A United States Citizen
- A leagal resident of Manatee County, Florida
- Enrolled in an accredited Florida College or University unless curriculum choice is unavailable
- Academically qualified–a 2.5 GPA on a 4 point scale
- A maximum one page essay explaining why you are seeking an undergraduate degree
- A self-snapshot
- A grade transcript
The essay, self-snapshot and transcript need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Roser Memorial Community Church, Women’s Guild Scholarship Chairman, PO Box 247, Anna Maria FL 34216